Wednesday, April 22, 2009

SPRING!!!!!

YEAH!!! It's spring! (at least today it's acting like it) Oh man today was gorgeous! I had a break between my classes this afternoon and I just laid on the grass and caught some rays for like an hour! It was awesome!
Well I am so excited I am almost done with another semester! I will be done in like two weeks and then I have a little break before the summer semester starts! :) I also met with my advisor a few weeks ago and I applied for graduation for Spring of 2010!!! I am so excited I am getting so close to finishing. I will only need 5 credits to graduate come spring time. So that's what's going on with school. I also got everything set up to start volunteering with the Kids Crew at PCMC in a few weeks. I am super excited to do that. It is amazing how much that program has grown since I was little. It has changed so much for the better. I will be able to volunteer at least one day a week after I get off work and I'll go and visit and play games with the kids in the hospital. I hope that I will gain a lot of experience in this field by doing this.
Also speaking of the hospital I am happy to say I don't plan on going back in for quite awhile again! (not to jinx myself) Last week I called my cardiologist because my heart was a lot more irregular and I was wondering if I should up what I thought was my rhythm med. Well it turns out that the med I thought was for my rhythm was really just for my blood pressure and my doc decided that I needed to wear a holter monitor to see if what I was having was anything serious or just more of what I always have. Well I was super stoked to wear a monitor again because it was the FOURTH one I have worn in the past FIVE months! I am kind of sick of those monitors. Well anyways they said that if my monitor showed anything they were concerned about the meds that they might start me on would need me to be in the hospital to start. Well let me just tell you that I hate being sick in the hospital but I hate being in the hospital even more when I'm not sick and I'm just stuck there to be monitored! :(
Well luckily when I got my results back my doc decided that it's not something to really worry about and since it wasn't serious that they wouldn't start me on those meds. Instead she is going to start me on a supplement that will hopefully help me without all the side effects of a prescription. I was so happy to not have to go inpatient again. It has been almost a year since I was in and I am determined to make it to that year mark again. And after that I hope to make it as long as possible without having to go back in.
Well sorry for the long post but as you guys know I'm not the greatest at updating this thing very often so when I do I have to catch everyone up. Hope all is well and have a great night!
xoxo

1 comment:

Jenee said...

That is awesome Tiff to volunteer that sounds like so much fun!!! WOW!! I didn't realize all of that was goin on with your heart. shhheeeessh. I'm glad it is ok. I can't believe a year has come and gone..wow!!